A garage door keypad is a gadget that helps you to unlock your garage door without the remote control. Usually, the keypad is located outside the garage, either on the left or the right side of the entrance. Typically keypads have numeric keys from 0-9 and other buttons with unique features.
In most instances, the user must enter the PIN and then * must unlock the lock. Some advanced versions allow the owner of the property to set temporary visitor PINs. Usually, the temporary PIN will expire within a few hours. Other models will control a few garage doors at the same time.
Resetting Garage Door Keypad Without Enter Button
Some of the garage door keypads allow you to reset garage door keypad without the Enter button. Some examples are here:
Reset Genie Garage Door Keypad
- First of all, slide the lid of the keypad. Click # and eight at the same time till the backlight remains on.
- Then push the buttons in the following orders: 3, 5, 7, #.
- Then type your new PIN and then #.
- Then enter the door code in the user manual, following the protocol stated.
- Then place the lid on its original spot.
- Slide the lid up, eventually. Then enter the PIN, then enter the *. At this point, the door unlocks.
Reset Intellicode Model GWKP Garage Door Keypad
- First of all, open the keypad lid. Click and hold these keys in the following order: PROG, 6, UP, DOWN. Stop clicking before the LED flashes once.
- Click these keys in the following order: 3, 5, 7, PROG.
- Then, please enter the new PIN. You can only use numbers in the 3-8 scale. Click the prog after that. The LED light should turn off.
- Finally, open the keypad lid. Then enter the PIN and press the * button. The Garage door should unlock.
Reset Intellicode Model ACSDG Garage Door Keypad
- First of all, slide the lid of the keypad. The lid must be 90 degrees above the surface of the keypad.
- Then click and keep the PROG and eight keys until the lid is completely opened. After that, the LED indicator should flash once. Then, place the lid back in a closed spot.
- After that, open the lid entirely.
- Then, in this order, push the following buttons: 3, 5, 7, PROG. The red LED will light once.
- After that, enter the new PIN and push the PROG button. Close the mask, then.
- Finally, open the lid of the keypad. Enter the PIN and the *. At this point, the door should unlock.
It’s not appropriate to use the Enter button to reset the keypad of the garage door. As you will see, some of the models on the market encourage you to do things differently. These versions are much safer because the reset process is a little more complicated. So, it’s not going to be that convenient for the robbers to access your garage.
Often, all garage door openers that are compatible with these keypads use a sophisticated encryption method. So, the wireless signal is nearly challenging to crack. So, remember these tips the next time you buy a new opener.