What is a gooseneck hitch?
A gooseneck hitch tools are nothing but truck bed hitches that connects to the gooseneck trailer by using a hitches ball. The hitches main body mounts the trucks bed hitches and the bolt onto the truck’s frame by using brackets. The best gooseneck hitch is designed for a pickup truck similar to the hauling wheel. But the difference is that the gooseneck uses ball mounts and coupler instead of a kingpin and pin receiver. Horse trailers are the trailers that use the gooseneck most.
How much does it cost to install gooseneck hitches?
Installing a gooseneck hitch makes your vehicle a real heavy-duty towing truck. But you need to the installation of high-capacity kit hitches, which may cost around $800 to $2800 on average. But overall, the price may vary depending on the size, towing capacity, and other features. You also need to pay extra for the labor costs. To have to know cost details, you need to research different brands and choose according to the budget.
How to install a gooseneck hitch?
Follow these steps to installing a gooseneck hitch.
- Gooseneck hitches need accessories to the underside of your truck bed. So you need to remove the spare tire and rim.
- Measure where the gooseneck hitch ball hole needs to be cut. The gooseneck hitch ball hole needs to be installed near the axle of the two wheels. First, check all the instructions thoroughly before cutting.
- Insert a cross-arm bracket from the rear wheel accessories points. Make sure that you did not cause any damage to the broken wires.
- Once you insert the cross-arm, then take a wrench and rotate in a correct orientation. Next, insert the front arm according to the instructions that are present in the manual.
- Prepare the gooseneck hitch center section and then lift it into the position under the truck bed. Once lifted, attach the necessary hardware to secure the gooseneck hitch center section. You can also take your friends’ help in this step.
- Attach the side plate brackets to the cross arm. On some of the trucks, fish wiring may also be necessary. Installing the side plates on both the driver and passenger quality sidebars. When attaching, make sure that the gooseneck hitch are squared up.
- Then torque the gooseneck hitch types to the values that are mentioned in the manual.
- Then you need to installing safety chain anchors by click drilling wheel rails. You can make holes underneath the box bed class. Take the gooseneck hitch center section as a template. Once done, apply a touchup paint.
- You need to installation handles for this first locking pin mechanism into the side of the good ball hole. Then slide the handle by passing it through the hitches center. Attach the fasteners and test them. Finally, installing the spare wheel and rims.
Top 8 best gooseneck hitches reviews
1.CURT 16085 Spyder Gooseneck Adapter – hitch
If you installed the haul wheel brackets and rails to your truck, it does not mean that your truck is restricted to one type of towing. To give your truck more towing capacity, you need to installed a powerful and ultimate towing machine. This CURT Spyder gooseneck hitch adapter hitches is a gooseneck hitch cargo that fits into the adapters wheel rails just like a good wheel trailer hitches. This way will help you to pull both base rails wheel trailers and gooseneck hitches trailers with the same assembly truck. Must buy this turnover wheel exhaust gooseneck hitch.
- 5th wheel to gooseneck hitch adapter.
- Standard 2-5/16-inch gooseneck hitch ball.
- Tow 25,000 lbs. gross trailer & 6,250 lbs. vertical load.
- Carbide powder coat finish.
2.B&W Companion 5th Wheel RVK3500 – hideaway gooseneck hitch
If you are exploring for the best hideaway gooseneck, then this one’s for you. This product requires a 3 ½ diameter hole on your truck bed. The bed rail kits are matched according to the weight of your vehicle. It can handle 30000 pounds gross trailer weight and 7500 pounds of vertical load suspension. This way of gooseneck hitch rail kit includes a 2 5/16 inches chrome plated ball and a magnetic cover when the ball is stored in the position. It is easy to use and easy to install.
- The fully articulating head enables front to back and side to side pivoting gooseneck hitch.
- It has a Cam action latching handle for easy release gooseneck hitch, even when parked on unlevel sites.
- Polyurethane bushings provide a quiet, rattle-free towing experience.
3.CURT 61052 Black, Bed Folding Gooseneck – CURT gooseneck hitch
This is often called innovation in the history of goosenecks. It offers a unique solution to the misplaced or stolen gooseneck hitch ball. This is not the standard gooseneck hitch fixed to the trailer ball or a removable gooseneck hitch. This is a folding hitches that is permanently attached to the hinges down into a small compartment.
- 30,000 Gross trailer gooseneck weight hitches.
- 7,500 vertical load.
- The ball features a standard 2-5/16-inch diameter.
- It is Designed with SAE J2638 specifications. Corrosion-Resistant hitches.
4.B&W Trailer 1313 Gooseneck – Gooseneck hitch trailer Gooseneck
These hitches machines or tools are designed to fit the vehicles without making any modifications to them. So if you purchase this gooseneck hitch, your vehicle will be in its original condition. Most trucks have brake lines or fuel lines along the rails of the mounts trucking bars. This may be damaged when you are installing hitches gooseneck. So if you have this product, you do not need any damage to these brake lines or pipelines. But it would be best if you examined before installing these goose hitches carefully.
- Fits: 2003-2013 Dodge 3/4 and 1 Ton Long and Short Bed Gas or Diesel Trucks.
- Bolts to existing holes in the frame.
- Reliable, one-piece machined receiver socket.
5. CURT 60614 Original-Equipment-Style Black Gooseneck – Gooseneck Plate
These gooseneck hitches are used for trucks to tackle big jobs. These are a unique type of gooseneck hitches because they do not require additional brackets. These gooseneck hitches can be directly attached to the vehicle rails with the existing bolts within a few minutes. It needs less than an hour to installing the hitches gooseneck hitch. There is also no need to do welding and bed removal. It can handle a weight capacity of 30000 lbs and a vertical load of 7500 lbs.
- A removable 2-5/16-inch diameter ball.
- Quarter-turn latch system.
- Factory-style gooseneck hitch.
- Highly durable carbide black powder coat finish hitches.
- It fits selected models of the Ram 2500.
6.Reese 58079″The Goose Gooseneck – Strongest gooseneck
These Reese gooseneck hitches are easy to include and easy to remove. So they are easy to use. This gooseneck hitch can handle 25000 total weight and 6500 pounds of vertical load. These gooseneck hitches come with attaching pins and clips of high quality. These are durable and of high strength.
- 25,000 lbs. gross vehicle towing weight and 6,250 lbs. vertical load.
- 2-5/16″ high strength zinc plated ball.
- Easy installation and removal.
7.B&W Car GNRK1116 – Turnover Ball Gooseneck – ball
This is the number one selling gooseneck brand in America. These hitches can be used in two ways. If you want to use these hitches as a leveling bed of high quality, you can or don’t want a leveling bed to make it to a normal position. This is also regarded as one of the best hitches that make no modifications to the vehicle. You can use these hitches for your vehicle in an original quality condition.
- Designed to fit vehicles in their original condition.
- Compatibility with vehicles having replacement parts.
8.CURT 60680 Double Lock EZr Gooseneck – curt flip over gooseneck accessories
This gooseneck hitch is easier to install and easy to use. It can be used to handle heavy-duty tasks. It comes with a 30000 lbs towing capacity that can outperform any of the towing trucks. It also comes with an under-bed gooseneck hitch that makes work even more straightforward. You do not need other people’s help as you can installing this gooseneck hitch without anyone’s help.
- Flip-and-Store Black 30,000 lbs.
- Fits HD, HD 2-5/16-Inch Ball.
- Select Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra – 2500, 3500 – HD, SAE – J2638 specifications for safety.