Maybe you are bored with Google wake words like “Hey Google” or “Ok Google,” listening every time. Now, you want to change this wake word to refresh your mind. So, you are in the place. This article provides you the details about How to Change the Wake Word on Your Google Home or Can You? With this topic, we are also solving some of your questions asked and others in this article. So let’s continue.
Some Capabilities of Google Assistant
In recent days, Google assistant reach every technological device in your home. So, with this, the capabilities of them are also a huge one. Still, Google is always improving their amazing capabilities list into the assistant day by day. With these different kinds of commands on google assistant, they always help us do much work easily, helping by the voice search option.
From switch on or off your light, fan and change the temperature, make alarm set for you, and switch on any app from your mobile phone or PC. You can able to do any of this work with just one click in the assistant.
Besides, to call up your google personal assistant, just use the familiar word “Hey Google” or “Ok Google.” So, in this article, we will discuss this Google wake call, but first, we want to tell you how to use google assistant.
How To Use Google Assistant On Your Smartphone
Using Google Assistant on your smartphone is also a very easy and useful one. It is very easy to work with the assistant app when your hand is full of some busy work. When you are busy in the kitchen or busy repairing your TV, or busy carrying your child, this time it is no longer impossible that you can not call or listen to music or searching something by google voice search. It is the very easier one with the google voice search means the Google assistant.
You just need to say the google wake word and then say ‘call John’ or ‘pick up the call’ or ‘open the ganna.’ All thing is very easy for now. But before getting access, all the features you need to turn on or giving permission are given as follows.
- Launch The App. The first thing is you have to launch the Google Assistant app on your smartphone.
- Click on Your Profile Icon. Then click on the profile icon that is present on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Hit the ‘Assistant’ option. Now hit on the ‘Assistant’ option that is present on the upper section bar.
- Click on Google Home or any other account. In the button under the assistant device, section click on your Google Home or any other account you want.
- Access the ‘Voice Match’ and lock screen Personal results. Now here, under the ‘Voice Match’ section, switch on the ‘Hey Google’ button. And if you want, you can also change the Personal lock screen results from the menu section.
- If still not responding. If Google does not respond to your voice after doing all the above steps, click on the ‘Voice Model’ option. By clicking this, you can able to retain the service and make your sound recognizable by your google assistant.
Can you change Google home wake word?
Sorry to say that, unfortunately, there is no way that you can change Google home wake word. If you are still bored, you can not do this because Google does not give you access. But there are reasons to do that. Google thinks it is better that instead of using one name for the Google assistant, you use two words like the default one “Hey Google” or “Ok Google.” If your neighbor or someone in the road gives the same name to their assistant, it may confuse you and their Google assistant and create a problem.
Besides, Google also thinks that if everybody starts changing their Google Assistant name, it is also confused the assistant, and they don’t understand which word they need to apply. So everybody should use a default type of words for them, so it can be easily recognizable by them and creates no problem.
How can I change Google assistant Voice?
If you are not happy with your Google assistant voice or kinds getting bore with this and now want to change the voice, follow the steps below.
- First, on your smartphone, open the Google Home app.
- Then, at the bottom of your screen, there is an Account icon. Click on it.
- After it open, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now tap on the ‘Assistant’ option, and after that, click on the ‘Assistant Voice’ option.
- Here you can find different types of sound list. Choose anyone you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Can I change OK Google to something else?
In some Google assistant devices, ‘Ok Google’ can change to ‘Hey Google.’ You may surprise to know that this can also be changed. So, change your Google wake word ‘Ok Google’ to ‘Hey Google by following the steps given below.
- First, open your app and then go to settings.
- Click on the ‘Voice’ option.
- Then toggle the switch of the ‘Ok Google Detection’ option.
B. How do I change OK Google to Jarvis?
Yes, you are able to change ‘Ok Google’ to Jarvis. First, open the google phone home app on your phone. Then, click on the ‘Profile’ tab. You can find it on the fourth number in the right-side tab. Now, under the ‘General Settings’ category option, click on the ‘Settings.’ After that, on the right side of your ‘Personal Info,’ click on the ‘Assistant tab.’ Then, hit the ‘Assistant Voice’ option. And now, from here, you can choose your voice what you want.
C. Can you change Google home voice to Jarvis?
Yes, you can also do this one easily by changing the ‘Settings.’ First click on the ‘Sources’ button and then go to the ‘Edit’ and then ‘Add.2.’ After you added the repo in this section, refresh your sources one time. And now, in the ‘Changes’ tab, you can see the option ‘Jarvis for Siri’ package. Then, select it to change your Google home voice to Jarvis.