How To Program Garage Door Opener To Your Jeep
Nowadays jeeps are designed with an embedded Homelink system. Ensure that the garage door performs the close and open operation with each touch of the dial.
The HomeLink system is one of the developed credit in the jeep. HomeLink system provides a major comfort embedded in the garage door.
The system consists of an incorporated transceiver that is coded to perform radio wave devices like security systems, outer lighting, and garage door openers.
Are you seeking guidance on how to program the garage door to your jeep? I assure you this article will provide you more information about the garage door on the jeep.
In this article, you will find out how to program the garage door on the jeep.
Here are a few suggestions to perform the process sleekly.
- Garage door openers
- Jeep with HomeLink
Steps to program a garage door in a jeep
Step 1. Click the 1st and 3rd button of the HomeLink system at the same time for 20sec. The EVIC shows the message “Clear channels”. Wait until the message changes to “Channels deleted”.
Step 2. Keep your vintage garage door 3 inches apart from your vehicle’s Homelink system. Choose one button from the HomeLink system to serve as a garage door. Force the button for few seconds(10 sec).
Step 3. The EVIC(Electronic Vehicle Information Center) of your jeep displays the “Training” message. If the training completes successfully, the message changes to “Trained”.
Step 4. When “Trained” disappears it shows that additional security for garage doors.
Step 5. Execute your garage door and strike the “Learn/Smart” button to start processing.
Step 6. The message has not yet been changed to “Trained”. Some jeeps take a few attempts. Routine step 4 twice, and program your Jeep to the garage door opener should be complete.
The basic procedure for programming a garage door
Ensure the ignition key is out
Delete the previous program
Program the button the garage door opener in a jeep
Click the learn button
Test the system
- Jeep suggests substituting the battery in the garage door opener that you use to configure your Homelink system for optimal outcomes.
- If you’re having issues in programming the Homelink, test the frequency of your garage door opener.
- Homelink operates between 288 and 399 megahertz radio frequencies.
- To configure the new Garage Door Opener Code for Homelink, all Homelink buttons need to be reprogrammed.
- If you are going to sell your Jeep and want to remove your garage door codes, simply click the first and third Homelink buttons for 20 seconds to delete the channels till the EVIC shows the “Channels Cleared” message.
The garage door should be closed and open during the programming procedure. Ensure there are no pets, objects, or children in the path of door movement.
Nowadays jeep arrives with an incorporated garage door which gives more comfort. It is easy to program a garage door opener for the jeep.
I hope this article can provide you more information about how to program a jeep garage door opener.