How to Install Car Speakers By Simple Steps
Currently, many of the modern cars are easy to manufacture and provide a simple unit installed in a sound device. The car owner is not happy with this speaker because of a decreased sound.
They require a well-satisfactory and output sound system to remain. At last, some car owners modify and upgrade the integrated audio system and some are downloading a wider audio system. There are several kinds of car speakers currently available.
Between these, the most famous and popular car speaker is a 6×9 inch round and oval-shaped car speaker. The oval-shaped speaker creates a more complex sound than a circular shape speaker of comparable size.
In this article, you will find out how to install car speakers.
Forms of car speaker system
In particular, there will be 4 major types of speakers in the marketplace. They are:
Driver: It’s a mid sound speaker that offers a deeper and fuller sound.
Tweeter: This is a small size car speaker system that generates the maximum frequency signal.
Subwoofer: It seems to be a low range speaker that helps create a music-feeling experience.
Woofer: This is a short-range speaker that offers strong power in lower elevations and fits best for noises that occupy a greater part of the smaller range.
Assembly Process Of Car Speaker System
The car speaker installation is an easy operation. This process takes an hour or less to be finished. Security precautions should be taken at the time of installation of every speaker in your vehicle.
Possible consequences of damage to Speakers:
Often, speakers can be broken by not fixing speakers correctly. This can involve potential injuries and also extra expenses. Here is a set of possible causes of harm to speakers. They’re:
- Harm to fuse
- Short circuit
- Scratches on the cone
- Harm to the magnetic coil
Prior to the car speaker installation process, this apparatus should be required:
- A drill and a bit
- Device to cut the door panel
- Magnetic Screwdriver of flat blade
- Preserve the clip remover
- The Crimper
- Isolating tape
- Tools of Torx Hand
- Hex key
- Set of socket wrench
- Face of Phillips
- Iron Soldering
- Cutters of wire
Few general measures for the installation of a car speaker:
- First, you need to detach the battery that provides the electricity.
- Disconnect the doors that you intend to insert into the audio device
- Remove the existing speakers
- It includes the displacement of the back shelf or dash inside boards in order to get the speaker mounting spot.
There are a few specific factors:
The set up of new car speakers and the replacement of built-in car speakers are very popular these days. In this situation, certain considerations should be weighed before the set up of car speakers.
- You must know the status of the latest stereo system and certain speakers have basic stereo audio systems of minimal wattage and two or four channels. It is improbable to add 10 or more to 100 watts.
- You should recognize the size of the car speakers. Speakers come in varying shapes and sizes in the sector. But you can pick the right size of the speaker to replace it. The most common car speakers in the sector are now 6×9 car speakers.
- At a specific price, there are several forms of speakers with different colors, covers, and designs. Between them, you can select older speakers with maximum quality sound and great electronic specifications to add tweeters and woofers.
- The required wattage for your new speakers should be specified. In this scenario, it is better to be the ideal with one factory.
Steps to mount external speakers for cars without replacing the existing speakers:
- First of all, you’re going to choose the right location at the car door to set up the speaker.
- You need to position the configuration of the speaker on the door or on the front of the movable frame.
- You have to patch the layout to the right locations with tape that you have selected after putting the layout.
- To remove the inner side of the front door or movable panel, remove the screws or damaged fittings.
- Remove the form of the layout by using a sharp blade to position the door or adjustable panel on the front. It is possible to use a jigsaw because the front door or movable panel is made of metal.
- You need to fix a durable elastic piping inside the door frame or adjustable board at the front
- Cabling needs to be started from the radio or Compact Disc via piping after fitting elastic piping.
- The wrapping must be carried out with the use of the electrical tape over the wires, at the internal panel of the door itself.
- The speaker at the front door or movable panel needs to be set up.
- You want to place the back door and screw a few screws loosely in the position to place the panels.
- The wire should be rolled down to the bottom of the audio system.
- You need to firmly reunite the panel after all jobs are done.
Steps for replacing the existing speakers by adding new car speakers:
- Eliminating the door panels: The toughest aspect of car speaker installation is removing the door panels on your vehicle, and all vehicles need different removal techniques and tools. Leaving the old speakers is the preliminary step of installing a new speaker. The door panels must be eliminated to get access to fresh speakers.
As per rule, you need a screwdriver to empty the door panel and to repair the screws. For any vehicle, note that this progression is varied.
- Eliminating old or existing speakers: Existing speakers need to be removed to reach speaker mounts. For removal, you have to bore or drill the bolts. Mostly, it’ll just work for you to screw and detach the wires.
- Setup the new car speaker system: Install the speaker and make sure it is screwed properly. After eliminating old speakers, is to measure the one you want to set up. It could suit completely, or you can use parts for changing. You may need to drill holes if necessary.
- Connecting speakers: Connect the speaker after drilling holes. If it is not placed properly, you can also create new connectors. In any event, concentrate on the speaker’s schematics and connect them correctly.
- Wiring: Wiring is required for installation in some situations. At the time of wiring you need to be cautious without any distraction between negative and positive wires and plug them into the head unit during wiring.
- Clean up: You can seal all the exposed wires with tape after completing the wiring. You want to clean extra wires.
- Installing tweeters: On the odd chance, there are tweeters in your vehicle to replace. The old units are actually expelled and new ones are put in. Tweeters must be placed in a dry position, as they can be damaged by dampness and water. The tweeter must be mounted at a position where no vibrations are present. To prohibit the wires from falling, speaker wires should be placed tightly in every end that may cause crackling.
- Testing speakers: Power on the head unit after finishing the car speaker installation and play a song to verify if the speakers are functioning, raise the volume a little. If it is done properly, it is installed successfully. In case, if it is failed to operate means check the two terminals of the RCA cable. They are placed in an amp and rear preamp.
Each car has an unique installation process for car speakers. In order to mount the speaker, you need to read the directions carefully before continuing to prevent any harm in the box.
Using the right wrench kit, speaker installs can be completed in around an hour or less. But from vehicles to vehicles, the complexity of the installation differs.
I hope this article can provide you more information about how to install car speakers.