Best Mechanical Pencil In 2021
Know The Benefits Of The Best Mechanical Pencil Here
In general, a pencil should be designed to facilitate writing, with materials that are durable in time. Likewise, it must be comfortable, strong, and resistant to constant use and exposure of any kind, that is, good quality is necessary.
The models have partially evolved, there is no longer only the graphite pencil, although many describe it as the best. There are also mechanical pencils, and here we will let you know very clearly which ones are the best.
The best mechanical pencils work as an alternative to the common graphite pencil. They work with a mine, or cable inside that goes from 0.5 mm to 0.7 mm thick. These if a lot of pressure is exerted, they can break, but the writing is much more fine and comfortable.
So we want to offer you the coolest mechanical pencils options for you to do a better job. Mechanical pencils offer a better finish, polished writing and a better appearance of writing
Knowing which the best mechanical pencil is necessary to make the right choice that suits you, so here we show you the best:
- Rapid PRO Rotring Mechanical Pencil
This is a long-lasting, smooth, and precise pencil, described as an excellent drawing tool.
It has attractions such as:
- Sliding cover
- The padded lead mechanism provides enough comfort for long time typing
- Unique push mechanism offering padded lead transport
- It also contains a sharpener under the button cap.
- LAMY 7 mm 2000 Mechanical pencil
You can easily buy this product online at a very affordable price. It falls under the category of the best mechanical pencil.
- Has a tapered pocket tip
- Contains a long eraser plus a cleaning rod
- This previous mechanism allows clearing annoying lead jams
- It has an indicator that allows you to see the size of the printed cable at the top of the button
- Allows for standard 0.7mm cables and an eraser from the same brand
- Made of brushed stainless steel and with an articulated clip
Its main attraction is the cleaning mechanism. It has to eliminate jams. Those who have not discarded a mechanical pencil for having a mine stuck at the bottom. This can be avoided with this useful tool.
- Mechanical Pencil Pentel Terry
It is a well-known brand on the mechanical pencil market with excellent attributes, durability, and quality. Here we detail why:
- It is handcrafted with great precision with watchmaker tools that help its beauty and accuracy when writing.
- It is an elegant size. Nothing exaggerated, delicate, it fits comfortably in a pocket or purse. Whatever the case, this suits you.
- With a removable cover that facilitates the writing process with greater comfort and stability possible
- It can be recharged with the corresponding accessories
- Mechanical Pencil Pentel graphgear 1000
This tool features a novel and lightweight design for fans of mechanical pencils.
- The GraphGear brand presents a new design with a 4mm tip ideal for working with rulers or templates.
- It comes with an ideal set of pads that facilitate grip and make it more comfortable when writing.
- Its pads are soft, latex-free. Thus eliminating any possibility that they disintegrate with prolonged use time.
- It has a solid design and is well rated by customers. They assure that this guarantees the best writing and professional work and finish.
- It can be refilled with Pentel, an industry leader in alternative tips to regular graphite.
This mechanical pencil represents strong competition in the market; it also produces a light-dark line, perfect and tight.
- Uni Mechanical Pencil
Its design is the most successful. Described as simple but useful for the corresponding purposes, ideal for drawing mechanical pencil.
- Its twist and turn mechanism prevents cable breakage
- Its plucking is sharp and constant, which makes working in complex and long-lasting writing easier.
- Accepts 0.5mm cable allowing for sharp and precise line writing
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil
There are many varieties of mechanical pencils on the market. This is one of the most used.
- It has a 4mm fixed sleeve ideal for those who work in technical drawing and detailed writing.
- Offers great precision and control with its metal mesh grip
- Comes with a stationary clip, eraser, and spare tip
- It can also be recharged with Pentel, which makes it even more versatile.
- Pentel Sharp Kerry
This automatic pen works very well in any case; it adapts to any writing requirement you need.
- This model is also designed with the highest precision of watchmakers
- Contains a cover for the protection of pockets, bags or pecks on the skin when walking
- Its size is very elegant. It can fit comfortably anywhere without problems.
- Its tips are rechargeable just like the eraser
- Zebra M-701 Mechanical Pencil
This includes a whole line of very current mechanical pencils but with the essence of traditional pens.
- Stainless steel barrel with high resistance and good grip
- Offers stability and a higher level of writing
- It is robust and resistant. There is nothing more annoying than a pencil that is flimsy and complicates constant writing.
- It allows incorporating the personal style of each person to the writing
- Jimmidda Mechanical Pencil
Ideal for drawings and signatures, Jimmiddas was the best option in this type of case where you require fine writing.
- They have a metallic thread and non-slip design that will help you write better.
- It is available in various cable sizes between 0.5 and 0.7 mm
- GripLimited Pilot Mechanical Pencil
- Contains a delicate luxury painted barrel
- With an ergonomic cushion-type grip that relieves fatigue and helps rest hands when typing
- It is very easy to grip and use
Finding the best mechanical pencil is not difficult; it all depends on the tastes and needs of each person. However, there are many on the market, as evidenced by the list above. And these are only the top 10.
Mechanical pencils were born as an alternative to regular graphite pencils; they are even more environmentally friendly. They do not generate as much waste, and their price is not very different from that of a common pencil.
Everything, of course, will depend on the brand and accessories or quality of it, but in essence, they are relatively inexpensive. In addition to being striking, not only for those who practice technical drawing or architecture. In normal and recurring writing, they have also become quite famous.
What is very true is that choosing the best mechanical pencil for you will facilitate the execution of your work. You will deliver something polished and with a touch and professional design that will make a good impression.
In other countries, mechanical pencils are also called mechanical pencils, mine pencils or pens. But the truth is that this writing instrument ensures that your work is well presented, whatever the case may be.
Mechanical pencil tips
The tips are the great attraction of this object since the writing is more tedious using the best lead pencil. The tips of the mechanical pencil can vary in diameter from 0.5 mm to 0.7 mm to 1.1 or 1.3 or also 1.6 mm.
This depends on what it will be used for. As the thickness of the tip increases, the path is thicker, which makes it ideal for certain cases such as:
- School or office work
The uses are infinite, everything, as we have said, depends on the requirements and tastes of each one. Many are more attached to the use of common graphite pencils; they do not know how to write with mechanical pencils. There are even those who take longer or find it uncomfortable.
We cannot define exactly which mechanical pencil is better than another because that depends on something very subjective. However, there are technical aspects that make some brands better than others. High-end models on the market, there is much as we have previously described.
But there are two basic points in choosing a mechanical pencil:
- Grip: with tell it strong and easy to grip that makes writing easier
- The precision of the mine: To write and make strong strokes that facilitate the work in question
The grip of the mechanical pencil and comfort is important when choosing one. Many are looking for ones with the ability to make writing more fluid. Others do not prefer it because the layout is very fine. It all depends on the thickness of the mine, and of course, the taste of each one.
The most basic data that we will find when searching for a mechanical pencil are:
- Dimensions or size
- Millimeters at the tip
When it comes to writing, we have the freedom, as in many things, to choose which instruments we want to work with. But it is always something that depends on us, on the way we like to work.
There are many distribution houses of this and all kinds of materials that offer you the guarantee of a good quality product. Fortunately, the prices are not high, and you can resort to several models until you find the one that best suits you.
It helps a lot to know, to decide the advantages and disadvantages of the mechanical pencil and the graphite pencil:
Advantages of the graphite pencil
First of all, the price is much less than a mechanical pencil. However, it does not represent a limitation on a large scale. They can both be covered perfectly.
There is also a great variety in terms of types of pencils and the darker or firmer line if applicable. The interior mine is stronger and does not break easily. Also, it always works resistant to any adverse condition. Mechanical pencils are more fragile in this regard.
Disadvantages Of Graphite Pencil
The tip of the graphite pencil is less durable, with constant use it wears away. And as a result of this, the line becomes increasingly thick and untidy. This causes the stroke to be uneven throughout the writing. Because once we sharpen the line, it becomes thicker or uneven concerning the previous one.
Also, as we renew the tip, we remove part of the pencil until it becomes so small that writing is impossible.
Now we go with the advantages and disadvantages of the mechanical pencil:
Advantages of a mechanical pencil or mechanical pencil
One of the great advantages of this instrument is that it offers a regular line, which is not the case with the graphite pencil. Many times or mostly, it is the reason why technical drawing experts advocate the mechanical pencil. Once the uniformity in the line is lost, the entire work could be ruined. Using a mechanical pencil frees you from those problems.
Secondly, these pencils are ergonomic and are very comfortable to write, especially if we do it for a long time. Generally, mechanical pencils come with padded elastic nets that make writing easy, provide comfort and stability when writing. They do not leave marks on the fingers as generally happens with regular pencils.
Its best attribute then to summarize is the comfort when writing and the stability of the line, always uniform.
Disadvantages of mechanical pencils
Price is one of the disadvantages most commonly attributed to these types of items. Although it is not so limiting, there is certainly a difference. This, of course, is debatable, without eliminating the downside.
But while spending is higher at first, recurring uses of the instrument ensure lower spending in the long run. It is something to do with smart investments that will pay off in a longer period.
Whether it is something as simple as a mechanical pencil, with a large-scale investment, we can find it economical. Investing in them more than one in a batch of graphite pencils ensures the durability of the material for a considerable time. Even more than the pens in which the ink dries, the mines, on the contrary, last longer.
In the same way, if the mines of the mechanical pencil run out, they can be easily replaced without major expense And, more importantly, without the need to replace the entire instrument, unlike a graphite pencil or ballpoint pen.
Again, the choice of a mechanical pencil or mechanical pencil over a graphite pencil is everyone’s decision. According to tastes and preferences, as we have already described, we can find many models that adapt to our type of work and personality. It is just a matter of trying the one that we like the most, and it will surely become a great accessory.